That is really the biggest event that happened as we drove from Virginia to Utah for the summer.
And now we have bought a new engine for the van. And then I cried a lot.
We also went to the Columbus Zoo, the Nauvoo temple, and marveled at the beautiful miles and miles of corn fields in Iowa.
We ended up driving 1,970 miles and being towed 193.
We had stops in Columbus, Ohio, Champain, Illinois, Omaha, Nebraska, and Laramie, Wyoming. And a lot of gas stations and truck stops.
It was a really fun journey that the kids and I got to share with my mom.
Hopefully the drive back in 6 weeks is less uneventful.
Our semi tow truck (wrecker). Our van was put on and then a RV behind it. I think the driver said it was 58 feet long.
Sitting in the back of the semi on the bed. 193 miles like this is exhausting. Thank goodness for the iPad and downloaded Disney Jr shows.
A different tow truck taking the van to the dealership to get fixed.
The cousins watching the tow truck.
We ended up driving 1,970 miles and being towed 193.
We had stops in Columbus, Ohio, Champain, Illinois, Omaha, Nebraska, and Laramie, Wyoming. And a lot of gas stations and truck stops.
It was a really fun journey that the kids and I got to share with my mom.
Hopefully the drive back in 6 weeks is less uneventful.
Our semi tow truck (wrecker). Our van was put on and then a RV behind it. I think the driver said it was 58 feet long.
Sitting in the back of the semi on the bed. 193 miles like this is exhausting. Thank goodness for the iPad and downloaded Disney Jr shows.
A different tow truck taking the van to the dealership to get fixed.
The cousins watching the tow truck.

.jpeg)






2 comments:
6 weeks, Lucky girl! Well you are making lemonade out of the big lemon that was thrown your way. I hope your trip home is uneventful and you have a great time with your family.
You're my hero, hon, and thatwas BEFORE you had to deal with the car stuff. Well make it back in 2 days with our new supercharged engine.
Post a Comment