So this is how NOT a snow day this snow was to me.
I got up. Saw it. Thought nothing of it. Went and made Betty's lunch. And was upstairs getting her clothes for the day when Steve told me that school was canceled.
If he hadn't stayed home to take care of sick me, I would have headed out the door and been waiting at the bus stop, all alone.
We got maybe an inch at our house.
But I guess when you go to a county school they have to make decisions for all schools together. So maybe other places in the county got a few inches.
Anyway, it is still mostly still on the ground. It has melted off the rooftops and sidewalks in our neighborhood.
Betty was beyond excited to see the snow. She had big plans for a snowman. But as she quickly found out, there was not enough snow for that adventure. So she and Oscar had a snowball fight instead. They had a great time and were outside for almost an hour! And when they came inside their checks were rosy, their noses cold, and they were ready to drink some hot chocolate with marshmallows!










6 comments:
Glad it's not just our schools that overeact to a bit of snow lol!!!
Don't you wish growing up that would have been a snow day in Lakeview!! Lucky Betty!!
LOVE snow days! Stay warm and don't get stuck in *all* that snow! ; )
We need a big snow so I can send my kids over to learn how to build a snowman properly.
Didn't you love how the kids got off for rain today? I actually used the 'when I was a kid' cliche.
Our schools are the same way! And then they don't cancel on the days when the weather is the worst because people complain about when they do cancel. It's crazy!
BTW--true story--we have those same insect mugs! :)
Post a Comment