Friday, February 1, 2013

one little word, Take 2


I had been living, and failing, with the word gentle for 3 weeks.
I just felt like it wasn't fitting.
And then another word showed up.

harmony

When I told Steve I was changing my word I explained that I felt harmony would lead to gentle.
For the past couple weeks harmony has been working.
I realized that even though I could choose to be gentle in my words and deeds, it didn't help me when others weren't.
But with harmony I can choose to help us all be harmonious together.

And I'm committed to this word for 2013 because I bought the necklace.
I have to buy the necklace to keep myself accountable because I spent the money.
I didn't buy one last year and I can't even remember my word!
But I know the two years before that were calm (2011) and strength (2010), because I bought the necklaces.

2 comments:

Liz said...

I like the necklace theory. I think my word this year will be "diamonds".

Melanie said...

This is a good word, Emma. I'm impressed that you changed your word that wasn't working for you.