Saturday, December 29, 2012

Merry Christmas

We had a very merry Christmas and I hope you did too.
We started out December 1st with our Advent Activity Calendar again this year. The kids loved having something to do each day, and we did actually manage to do most of them.
We backed cakes and cookies, sang songs, watched movies, created decorations, decorated gingerbread cookies, ate breakfast for dinner, drank hot chocolate and apple cider, took treats to friends and neighbors and so much more.
Betty especially loved counting down to Christmas day.



One of my favorite things was something new for us this year. We made gifts for each other. Well, I made a gift for Betty and she made gifts for Daddy, Oscar, and Iris.  I had a lot of fun working with her on the things she made for them. She made Steve some bookmarks, Oscar some Jake and the Neverland Pirates puppets, and Iris a necklace.  I made her some clothes pin dolls.  I hope next year we can get the others involved in making gifts too.


On Christmas day we listened to Christmas music for hours and then started watching some of the movies we had received. It was a great day and we feel so blessed to have been able to spend it together.

1 comment:

Michelle Tiller said...

Fab pictures, looks like you guys had fun. I love the advent activity idea xxx