Monday, November 4, 2013

the first days of school

I think I get as excited as the kids do for the first day of school.
This year Betty started first grade in a new school due to some changes in school boundaries.
Luckily she has a good friend from church in her class and many friends from her old school also at the new school.
She is doing great so far. She is a very focused child.  She initiates her 20+ minutes of reading time each day. And is anxious to finish any homework as soon as she is home.
I really hope this keeps up for the next 12 years.




And Oscar started preschool!!!!
He loves it and is doing really well. We are especially proud of the days when he gets 2 stickers for being extra good and helpful. I love it when he comes home excited to tell me about how helpful he was (and which kids weren't).


And Iris is enjoying our trips to the store alone.


2 comments:

WSJ, MLJ, or both said...

I love your "first day of school" pictures in front of your house. Love those kids! (And you guys too, of course.)

Buckanator said...

Betty is so responsible. I love that Oscar tells on the kids who aren't helpful. Ha!